A Brief History
TKAT – A brief history
- In 2002 the Headteacher of Kemnal Technology College (KTC), John Atkins, together with his staff, started supporting schools.
- In 2006 John was made an NLE and the Governing Body of KTC decided to form a charitable trust to oversee the support of the schools involved with KTC.
- By 2010 there were 5 secondary schools within The Kemnal Trust.
- In June 2010 The Kemnal Trust became The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT). The 5 schools under its umbrella became Academies and TKAT extended its work to include primary schools. It soon became clear that both primary and secondary schools have much to learn from each other and can be mutually supportive.
- By September 2013 TKAT will be working with 38 primary and secondary academies in Bexley, Bromley, Essex, Hampshire, Kent, Medway, Surrey, West Sussex and East Sussex.