Upcoming Events and BookingsBack to Upcoming Events and Bookings List
Youth Mental Health First Aid Course - MHFA
Timings of sessions:
You are booking to attend all 4 sessions on the following dates and times:
- March 8th 13:00 - 16:00
- March11th 9:00 - 12:00
- March 5th 13:00 - 16:00
- March18th 9:00 -12:00
Anyone can access the course but particularly relevant for those in pastoral roles supporting young people/families and those in mental health/wellbeing roles.
Overview of workshop:
This two-day course (taught over 4 half days) qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that is through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate
- Ability to support a young person with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
TKAT staff £30 per person.
Non TKAT staff £150 per person.
You will receive the course manual and other resources in the post. Please ensure you have them to hand during the sessions