Upcoming Events and BookingsBack to Upcoming Events and Bookings List
TEAM TEACH: Positive Behaviour Management Level Two
This is a 2 day course taking place 09:00 - 15:30 on 18th & 25th January. Both days must be attended. For school staff and professionals working with pupils with SEND
To book a place please email email@example.com rather than using the booking link above.
Staff who attend the training will be able to:
- Understand the drivers and motivations displayed by individuals who are distressed and may become aggressive and disruptive
- Build a stronger team confidence around supporting behaviour
- Utilise a toolkit of holistic strategies on de-escalation and crisis intervention, including the importance of targeted communication, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Understand and know relevant legal standards and expectations related to use of force, and of the reporting, recording, monitoring, and evaluating requirements of incidents involving physical controls and reasonable force.
- Execute simple and safe positive handling and personal safety techniques: including guiding, escorting, and holding in standing, sitting and kneeling positions safely, appropriate for your service setting needs, which focus on maximum care -minimum force
- Improve expertise and confidence in staying safe, competence to carry out simple de-escalation strategies, and applying physical intervention in conjunction with a need’s analysis.
The training emphasises positive relationships as being the key element in behaviour support, with physical techniques serving as only one part of an overall approach. As such, it is entirely compatible with Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) approaches.