Upcoming Events and BookingsBack to Upcoming Events and Bookings List
Safer Recruitment Training
All staff involved with staff recruitment.
Overview of workshop:
Since 2010, it has been mandatory in maintained schools and advisory in academies for recruitment panels to have at least one member who has completed appropriate Safer Recruitment Training.
This course includes a graded Assessment at the end of the one-day course to ensure understanding of the issues covered. Although there is no expiry date after undertaking this training, TKAT requests those that have already attended training to refresh within 3 years from the expiry of their current certificate.
This safer recruitment course gives participants the information and understanding they need to recruit safely and comply with relevant statutory guidance.
It is suitable for all teaching and non-teaching employees, school governors and all others in the education sector who are involved in staff selection.
Participants gain the skills they need to ensure that safeguarding is at the heart of their recruitment decisions. By the end of our one-day course, participants will have:
- Identified key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people
- Considered policies and practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt reporting
- Begun to review their own organisations policies and practices with a view to making them safe
The Safer Recruitment course. content by The Lucy Faithful Foundation, facilitated and delivered
by trained HR professionals, covers the key requirements of the Statutory Guidance Keeping
- Children Safe in Education focusing particularly on:
- Safer recruitment and the wider context of safeguarding
- Prevalence of abuse and profile of people who have sexually abused a child
- How people who have committed child sexual abuse operate within organisations
- Features of a safer recruitment process
- Planning a safer recruitment process
- Making the right decisions: interview and selection
- Setting acceptable standards of behaviour
- Maintaining an ongoing culture of vigilance
Car-parking is available for visitors to the Atkins Centre and Centre Staff alike at the front of the school, please enter by the gates from Sevenoaks Way (opposite Cornwall Drive). Please do not park in unmarked spaces, or in marked visitors’ spaces (unless previously booked). Parking is provided on a first come, first served, basis. If there are no spaces available there is alternative parking for Atkins Centre visitors on the roads surrounding the College. Please use the pedestrian access at the front of the College on Sevenoaks Way, if necessary.
Visitors to the Atkins Centre are advised that under no circumstances are they to seek to park/gain access via the rear of the College, in order to ensure the College maintains its safeguarding responsibilities.
Almost all the COVID restrictions have now been lifted at the Atkins Centre as there is no longer a requirement for social distancing or wearing a face covering in an indoor setting. We will however continue to ensure that all rooms are well ventilated, ensure there is more regular cleaning and encourage regular hand washing / use of hand sanitiser.
If for any reason you have not taken up the Covid-19 vaccination, or remain clinically vulnerable, we would advise the following:
- TKAT employees who have disclosed non vaccination status should make us aware of any additional control measures that they need in place in order to stay safe.
- Other visitors should disclose any additional needs related to Covid-19.
If you experience any of the main COVID symptoms, you must not attend the Atkins Centre and arrange for a COVID PCR test. You should then follow Test and Trace/Government guidance.
Just a reminder that all attendees are expected to be dressed in a professional and business-like manner unless otherwise stated in the event details.