Senior IT Technician
- SchoolOrchards Academy
- SalaryKent Range 7 £21,790- £24,790
- Start DateAs soon as possible
- Closing DateFriday 15th March 2019
- InterviewsFriday 22nd March 2019
Senior IT Technician, Orchards Academy
Location: Orchards Academy base, with travel throughout TKAT regions including Essex, Kent, East/West Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire.
Do you want to work in a forward-looking academy chain? At TKAT we believe in each and every school having its own individual identity. We want great leaders to help us take our schools on to great things. We strive to achieve excellence and to support this we are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Senior IT Technician to lead and develop the Academy’s ICT network, providing and assisting with coordinating level 1, 2 and 3 IT support.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organised candidate with excellent communication skills and good working knowledge of networking and hardware components to successfully help support a network.
The perfect candidate will be used to working under pressure, possess excellent technical skills and will be a proven innovator. Not afraid to challenge and will be proactive in looking to provide solutions that can help drive the digital agenda and make the TKAT Digital Strategy a reality. Well versed with IT Service Management, the candidate must be well organised and able to inject a sense of order in their team’s daily proceedings.
- Provide and assist with co-ordinating technical support to users relating to all IT, telecoms and AV equipment (henceforth referred to as “IT equipment”).
- Be responsible for maintaining the sites’ service desk in line with Trust requirements and service standards, ensuring that tickets are appropriately prioritised so minimising the impact of faults on the efficient running of the site IT services and its users.
- Ensure that all existing internal SLAs are honoured through effective and accessible communication with appropriate groups of users.
- Diagnose and resolve workstation operating system and software problems.
- Assist all staff with technical issues and undertake other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the post.
- To assist with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems, maintaining current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommending modifications as necessary
- To perform routine network maintenance tasks.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Highly self-motivated and invested in the best interests of pupils and staff
- Able to work collaboratively, and bring out the best in all members of the school community
- Experience of working at a strategic level, and implementing and managing change
- Knowledge of Hyper-V
- Good knowledge of Windows Server 2012\2016 and Windows 7\10, related day-to-day administrative tasks and ongoing housekeeping activities
- Knowledge of MDT\WDS\WSUS
- Knowledge of management of passive and active networking infrastructure
- Knowledge of the management/migration of Google GSuite desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proven creative problem solving skills
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
To apply, please download and complete an Application Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is noon on Friday 15th March 2019.Address