Teacher of D.T
- SchoolThomas Bennett Community College
- SalaryMain Scale/ UPR + fringe allowance
- Start DateSeptember 2019
- Closing DateSunday 19th May 2019
- InterviewsTo be confirmed
Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher looking for your first teaching post? Are you an established teacher looking for a new challenge? Are you an excellent classroom practitioner who can inspire students and work well as part of a dedicated, welcoming and supportive team?
We are looking to appoint a Teacher of DT, to join our strong, rapidly improving and successful DT department. We offer a great opportunity for career development in a dynamic and forward thinking school.
The successful candidate will be someone who works flexibly to support the achievement of students, and consistently models outstanding practice, with students’ wellbeing at the forefront of all that they do. Applications are welcome from newly qualified/established teachers who have a proven track record of academic success and who are committed to inclusive, comprehensive education. The ability to teach A Level DT is highly desirable. Teaching resistant materials, graphics and knowledge of food technology is desired. The suitable candidate will be expected to make a significant contribution to the academic, spiritual, moral and cultural well-being of young people and will support an already successful department along the next stage of its development. In addition, the post will provide an excellent opportunity for professional development.
About the school:
- Thomas Bennett Community College is a welcoming school community, with the highest expectations
- We are ideally located for commuters, situated 30 minutes from Brighton and London
- We have an impressive, modern school site with outstanding facilities across all subject areas
- We joined the Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) on the 1st September 2012, and are part of a group of 7 TKAT academies in Crawley
- Through our focused and bespoke training, staff are equipped with the skills to engage learners through the delivery of high quality lessons
- Teachers all receive a laptop for their own use
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a fast paced team that has a proven track record in effecting change and is focused on continual school improvement.
If you believe you have the skills vision to help take DT forward, we would be delighted to hear from you.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
TKAT is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
For further information or an appointment to visit the College, please contact Emma Woodward on 01293 526255 or email Hr@thomasbennett-tkat.org
Please forward completed application to the school office, marked for the attention of Emma Woodward.
Electronic applications are welcome. CV’s will be accepted as an initial application.