Inclusion Leader and SENCo
- SchoolThe Oaks Primary School
- SalaryTMS/UPS fringe + TLR
- Start DateApril 2020
- Closing DateMonday 3rd February 2020
- InterviewsMonday 10th February 2020
Permanent Full Time Inclusion Leader and SENCo
The children, staff and governors of The Oaks are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced person who shares our continued commitment to creative, innovative learning. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record of supporting vulnerable children and inspiring all they work with to achieve the highest possible standards.
We are a popular primary school in Tilgate, Crawley, attracting pupils from both the local area and from across the town. We are a fully subscribed two form entry primary school and 24 FTE place nursery.
We are looking for an Inclusion Leader, to start from the Summer Term 2020 who:
- Has a vision for improving the achievement of every child
- Drive and determination to identify and overcome barriers to learning in
order to secure good progress for all children
- Is determined to lead, support and empower our loyal and dedicated staff, to ensure that they are reflective practitioners and achieve the highest possible standards for all children
- Embraces and celebrates our school’s vision and ethos and its place within the wider community
- Will communicate with children, parents, staff and governors, with professionalism, warmth and openness
- Can show flexibility and creativity in the role, and enjoy the varying demands of a challenging urban school
- A desire and ability to take on a strategic role as part of the Senior Leadership Team working closely with the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher
We can offer you:
- Welcoming, enthusiastic and confident children
- A determined and talented team of teachers and support staff
- A rich and purposeful learning environment
- A commitment to professional development and opportunities for career progression
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. Visits to the school and early applications are encouraged.
In accordance with the Immigration Act 2016, the ability to converse at ease with members of
the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
TKAT is a Multi Academy Trust that prides itself on its retention of staff; its internal promotion opportunities; its care and attention to well-being. All our schools in TKAT actively promote discussions around flexible working. We are open to flexible working across schools and recognise the fact that our staff are our best resource and we want to keep you.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
TKAT is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
To apply for this vacancy please download and complete the attached application form which you may either return directly to the school or by email to
Alan Gunn : email@example.com
- Download TKAT Application Form January 2019
- Download The Oaks Primary School Inclusion Leader and SENCo - Job Description
- Download The Oaks Primary School Inclusion Leader and SENCo - Person Specification