Teacher of Science
- SchoolRainham School for Girls
- SalaryMPS/UPS DEPENDENT ON SCALE/EXPERIENCE
- Start DateSeptember 2020
- Closing DateSunday 31st May 2020
- InterviewsTo Be Confirmed
Rainham School for Girls are looking to appoint a Science Teacher to work within our enthusiastic, dedicated Science Faculty. Rainham School for Girls represents a culture of high aspiration, high expectation and success. Our aim is to provide an outstanding learning experience for all students within a safe, disciplined and caring environment.
The Science department at Rainham School for Girls is a vibrant community of subject specialists who are passionate about their subjects. Our curriculum offer includes delivery of the discrete Science disciplines to GCSE and ‘A’ level as well as level 3 BTEC Science.
As a Teacher of Science you will act as a role model in teaching through:
- Consistently outstanding personal practice
- Proactively seeking innovation in pedagogy through evidence based practice
- Foster a climate of risk taking, self-reflection and continuous improvement in other colleagues
- Plan, deliver and evaluate a range of professional development opportunities
For this role, you will:
- Be an inspirational teacher who believes that the students in their care deserve the very best education
- Be able to plan and teach engaging lessons which support students to make rapid progress
- Be able to demonstrate a passion about the role of Science within education
- Be able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills
Career progression is fully encouraged by the school which is supported through our outstanding CPD programme. We passionately believe in collaborative working and actively promote school to school support. This includes accessing support from our strong Teaching School Alliance who offer a range of high quality professional development opportunities for staff at all levels. We also have 1 hour a week built into the school day for CPD to fully capitalise on the power of collaboration and sharing of good practice.
Working for TKAT:
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development, including the potential to develop your career at more than one TKAT academy;
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible;
- Our support for your wellbeing at work; and
- The rewards of working to improve the life chances of our pupils
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
Applications will be considered on receipt and an appointment may be made before the closing date.
To apply for this vacancy please download and complete an application form which you may return directly to: HR@rainhamgirls-tkat.org
- Download TKAT Application Form January 2019
- Download Teacher of Science at Rainham School for Girls - Job Description