Teacher of Mathematics
- SchoolHylands School
- SalaryMain Scale
- Start DateSeptember 2020
- Closing DateMonday 1st June 2020
- InterviewsTo Be Confirmed
At Hylands we love developing our teaching. We understand that great teaching is the
reason why students at Hylands are great learners. Nothing trumps great pedagogy. This is why we send students home early on a Tuesday and spend two hours each week talking, collaborating and planning our teaching, and then we all leave before 5pm. As one of 14 secondary schools in TKAT, the trust also offers excellent CPD opportunities, a wide range of support, and a number of events where you can meet and engage with colleagues from other schools.
Hylands School is looking to appoint an exceptional professional who will join a successful enthusiastic and talented Mathematics faculty and work with us to inspire our students. The role will involve teaching Maths at key stages 3 and 4 and A level. Longer term, there are opportunities within the trust for exceptional teachers to become lead practitioners, and have the chance to challenge and support other schools.
As the Teacher of Mathematics you will:
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides student with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- Contribute to raising standards of student progress and attainment
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate
The successful candidate will:
- Be someone who knows how to inspire students in order to challenge them to achieve outstanding progress
- Be someone who is prepared to go ‘above and beyond’
The school offers excellent working conditions and staff receive strong support for their
professional development. Committed and excellent practitioners will find Hylands School a place where career development is taken very seriously. You will also have the chance to work and possibly live in an exciting and newest city in England, just 30 minutes by train from London Liverpool Street.
Working for TKAT:
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development, including the potential
- to develop your career at more than one TKAT academy;
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible;
- Our support for your wellbeing at work; and
- The rewards of working to improve the life chances of our pupils.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all
staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the
full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable
candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual
orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications
from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
To apply for this vacancy please download an application form. Once complete please send your application to Sonja Mitchell : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download Hylands School Teacher of Mathematics - Job Description
- Download TKAT Application Form - Hylands School