Part Time High Level Teaching Assistant
- SchoolStapleford Abbotts
- SalaryNJC 2019; Band 3 Mid; Point 11; FTE £21,166 + Fringe
- Start Date1 st September 2020
- Closing DateFriday 10th July 2020
- InterviewsTuesday 14th July 2020 (virtual interview depending on current restrictions)
Weeks per year: 43.1
Hours per week: 32.5 hrs (5 days) or 19.5 hrs (3 days) or 13 hrs (2 days)
Basis: Fixed term to cover maternity leave
Are you an enthusiastic, fantastic HLTA looking for your next challenge?
Stapleford Abbotts Primary, part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South and East of England, with 4 primary schools in Essex and overall 45 Primary, Secondary and Special Academies in the TKAT Family. Our pupils are at the heart of everything we do, and we strive to inspire learners and change lives through great teaching, leadership and learning for all.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is able to provide learning activities for classes under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher and who is able to assist in plan, prepare and deliver lessons and assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment.
We believe that all children thrive in an environment in which they are happy, challenged and secure: secure in the knowledge they are safe and cared for; challenged to achieve their best; and happy in the knowledge they are each appreciated for their individuality and their achievements. We are looking to recruit a qualified, highly motivated HLTA to join our team.
As the High Level Teaching Assistant you will:
- Be a role model who sets high expectations and establishes productive working relationships with pupils and staff,
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom,
- Take the initiative to adjust activities according to pupil responses/needs,
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Be committed to achieving high standards.
For this role, you will:
- Have a passion for supporting children to achieve
- Care for, challenge, inspire and engage children,
- Have high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
- Have experience at either KS1 and KS2
- Be able to create and facilitate highly challenging and engaging lessons alongside strong and highly professional teachers
- Be an exemplary classroom practitioner,
- Be inspired with passion and ambition,
- Be an energetic, creative and committed professional,
- Be an optimist with a can-do approach
We will offer you:
- A comprehensive induction programme,
- A supportive and forward-thinking leadership team,
- Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work life balance,
- The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change,
- Trust resources and materials to help plan and deliver great lessons,
- School-to-school support from fellow TKAT schools,
- Through our strong Teaching School Alliance, high quality on-going professional development,
- Regular opportunities to meet and engage with fellow professionals from TKAT and beyond,
- Opportunities for career progression
Working for TKAT:
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development,
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible,
- Our support for your wellbeing at work,
- Membership of a generous pension scheme,
- Free eye tests at Specsavers, and
- The option to join our employee discount scheme.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
To apply for this vacancy please download a TKAT Application Form. Once complete please send it to: email@example.com
- Download TKAT Application Form - Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy
- Download Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Job Description (Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy)
- Download Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Person Specification (Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy)