Permanent Teaching Assistant
- SchoolShenstone School
- SalaryGrade Bexley 5 (£11.50 per hour)
- Start DateMonday 28th September 2020
- Closing DateFriday 11th September 2020
- InterviewsInterviews (may be virtual TBC): Monday 21st September 2020 (Times TBC)
Shenstone School is a primary aged special school for pupils with severe, and/or profound and multiple learning difficulties. Shenstone School is one school based across two sites which are 5 miles apart - the Sidcup site age ranges are from nursery to Year 2 and the Crayford site is Year 2 to Year 6. They are supported by a dedicated staff team and we stand by our motto of “together we engage, thrive and achieve”.
Shenstone School was inspected in October 2019 and the outcome is that we continue to be a ‘good’ school, where the children are happy learning is made fun. We have been part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) since 2017. TKAT is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South of England with over 42 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT Family.
Are you looking for a challenge and able to support/encourage our amazing pupils with SEND to achieve their full potential in our specialist primary school setting?
Our school needs caring, resilient and enthusiastic staff to support the children alongside our vibrant and dedicated team.
In return we offer comprehensive and continued training; including Manual Handling, and Team-Teach training, as well as other relevant professional development. We are working towards an accreditation in Well-Being and are proud of our excellent induction processes, rewards and pension scheme.
The Shenstone team are strong, supportive, and creative; we are looking for keen candidates to join us on our journey to ensure the best outcomes for all of our pupils.
The achievements of our pupils are extraordinary and will give you a sense of achievement when they make progress, however small. In-house training will be given on all aspects of the job, although a level of knowledge or understanding is an advantage. Teaching Assistants support pupils aged from nursery through to Year 6. Behavioural needs vary from child to child so you will need to be both confident and resilient in working with challenging behaviour.
For this role you will have:
- GCSE / A level English and Maths C grade and above.
- Experience working with children of relevant age.
- Effective use of ICT to support learning.
- Understanding of child development and learning.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning activities.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Work constructively as part of a team.
Working for TKAT:
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development,
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible,
- Our support for your wellbeing at work,
- Membership of a generous pension scheme,
- Free eye tests at Specsavers, and
- The option to join our employee discount scheme.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
To apply for this vacancy please download a TKAT Application Form. Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download Permanent Teaching Assistant Job Description- Shenstone School
- Download Permanent Teaching Assistant Person Specification - Shenstone School
- Download TKAT Application Form - Shenstone School