Director of Inclusion (Safeguarding & AEN)
- SchoolWelling School
- SalaryLeadership 12-16 (Outer London)
- Start DateTBC
- Closing DateMonday 19th October 2020
Title: Director of Inclusion (Safeguarding & AEN)
Deadline: Friday 16th October 2020
Location: Welling School – City Region
Scale: Leadership 12-16 (Outer London)
Appointment: Full Time & Permanent
Welling School is part of TKAT (The Kemnal Academies Trust) which is one of the largest Multi Academy Trusts in South East England with over 40 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT family.
Our ultimate aim is to ensure we drive education in standards through the provision of outstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all.
The Welling values are, to be:
Welling School, located in the Borough of Bexley, is an 11-18, mixed Academy with a Visual Arts Specialism. The school was completely redesigned and rebuilt in 2005 and became an Academy in 2011. See our website for further information about the school www.wellingschool-tkat.org
We believe that our most vulnerable and challenging pupils deserve the best provision possible and see this post as a unique opportunity to make a significant difference to the life chances of Welling’s young people.
We are seeking an experienced SENCO who has a wealth of experience in safeguarding and SEN who will work with the school’s existing SENCO on creating a strategic vision and direction for the school.
The successful candidate will have strategic responsibility for Inclusion across the school will form an integral part of our Leadership Team.
We are looking to appoint a Director of Inclusion who can:
- Have a significant impact on the outcomes of young people in challenging circumstances and have a strong background in leading on safeguarding.
- Take a significant role in overseeing and monitoring the provision for pupils who may not be taught on site
- Have experience of working with students with a range of additional needs, the ability to train and support staff and hold a sound knowledge of the SEND code of practice.
- Hold a national SENCO qualification and be a proven leader with the ability to manage others, whilst working closely with parents/ carers and external professional bodies
- Proven teaching and classroom management skills
- Experience of Inclusion in a secondary provision and coordinating bespoke programmes for vulnerable pupils
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a dynamic senior leader with a desire for rapidly improving standards
- Have a track record of delivering clear impact at whole school level
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting high standards
- Have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff
- Be fully aligned to our vision and key drivers
- Have a strong set of leadership competencies which enables them to effectively challenge
- Hold to account and support the teams they lead to deliver impact.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious team. The successful candidate will teach across the full age and ability range up to A level.
Informal discussions and/or visits are actively encouraged. To arrange a visit or discuss the post, please contact Paul Hemsley, Deputy Head on 020 8304 8531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The job description and person specification can be downloaded below.
Welling school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Visits to the school prior to application are possible and will be Covid secure.
To apply for this role please download and complete the attached Application Form then send to: email@example.comAddress