SCITT Secondary Programme Lead
- SalaryL6 – L10 (FTE) depending on experience
- Start Date1st September 2021
- Closing DateMonday 1st March 2021
- Interviews10th or 11th March
Fixed term for one year in the first instance Part time either 2 or 3 days per week
(must be able to work on a Monday)
Could you lead and develop a secondary teacher-training programme, which will
inspire the next generation of teachers?
TKAT (The Kemnal Academies Trust) is one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the
South of England with 45 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT Family.
TKAT SCITT is a well-established, successful Primary and Secondary initial teacher training programme, working with our academy and partner schools to train and develop the next generation of teachers.
Our head office and main training centre is based at The Atkins Centre in Sidcup, Kent. We work with our partner schools across the South East of England. The SCITT team is
supportive, highly motivated and hardworking, our priority is to deliver high quality teacher training which will ensure our trainees can become exceptional practitioners.
TKAT SCITT wishes to appoint an inspiring, dynamic and well-organised professional to work alongside the SCITT leadership team to manage and develop the Kent Secondary SCITT programme.
You will have an understanding of teacher training and proven track record of school
leadership. You will work with the SCITT management team and partner schools to ensure the best outcomes for the trainees. This is an exciting opportunity for a middle or senior leader to make an impact on the teachers of the future.
The programme lead will be required to deliver the training programme and visit schools across the partnership, so will need use of a car and a willingness to travel. For an informal and confidential discussion about the position please contact Sacha Beresford (Director of SCITT) 07525 250 750
For this role, you will have:
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent secondary classroom practitioner with QTS
- Experience of training, coaching and mentoring within ITT
- Evidence of recent professional development
Knowledge, Skills and Teaching and Learning:
- Up to date pedagogical knowledge and commitment to professional development
- Clear understanding of what is effective teaching and learning
- Ability to lead by example and inspire others to achieve positive results
- Ability to work collaboratively with other schools and institutions
- Current knowledge of curriculum development
- Strong administrative, organisational and time management skills
- A commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people and an up to date knowledge of child protection.
Full driving licence and use of a car
Working for TKAT:
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development,
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible,
- Our support for your wellbeing at work,
- Membership of a generous pension scheme,
- Free eye tests at Specsavers, and
- The option to join our employee discount scheme.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
To apply for this role please download and complete the attached Application Form then send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download TKAT Application Form
- Download SCITT Secondary Programme Lead - Job description
- Download SCITT Secondary Programme Lead - Person Specification
- Download SCITT Secondary Programme Lead info letter