Head of Faculty - Humanities
- SchoolWelling School
- SalaryMPS/UPS (Outer London) plus TLR 1.5, £11,815 per annum
- Start DateSeptember 2021
- Closing DateMonday 1st March 2021
Head of Faculty - Humanities
- Start Date: September 2021
- Closing Date: 1 March 2021 - 10.00am
- Interviews: TBC
- Location: Welling School – City Region
- Salary: MPS/UPS (Outer London) plus TLR 1.5, £11,815 per annum
- Appointment: Full Time & Permanent
Our vision is simple – to ensure that all of our students achieve beyond our expectations and flourish as confident learners with the highest aspirations, ready for a bright and successful future and ready for the world in which they will work and live. We are relentless in our pursuit of the very best for all our students. We understand challenges but do not accept them as limitations.
Welling School is an all ability, co-educational 11-18 school, located in the London borough of Bexley. As well as serving our local community we welcome students from a diverse range of backgrounds and areas. Each of them bringing their own part to make up the Welling School Community. We are proud to be part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) which is one of the largest Multi Academy Trusts in South East England with over 40 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT family. At Welling our shared values are to be:
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic leader of Humanities to lead and manage staff, students and the curriculum to secure outstanding outcomes for all our students, especially those that need us even more. You will have a proven record of raising attainment and accelerating progress. Your previous experience as a leader is less important to us than your clear vision on what can be achieved for our students and your team of committed and dedicated staff as well as your ability to motivate and inspire.
This new faculty will comprise the traditional humanities (History and Geography) curriculum areas as well as Philosophy and Ethics and PSHE. Working with leaders of these departments the Head of Faculty will ensure students’ continued success with a focus on curriculum innovation and excellent teaching and learning. Student engagement and our shared expectations are high. Humanities subjects are popular choices for students in examination year groups.
Our new colleague will have an unstinting belief that every young person, whatever their starting point or circumstances can make and sustain exceptional progress and that our purpose is to change lives.
You will have access to on-going development opportunities and the support of a forward thinking, successful multi-academy trust. You will be joining a team of strong and experienced school leaders who will do whatever it takes to help you to succeed in your new and exciting role.
As well as having a passion for young people and their futures our colleague will:
- be a dynamic professional with a desire for rapidly improving standards
- be an outstanding geographer or have the knowledge and skills to teach geography
- have a track record of delivering clear impact on standards, attainment and progress
- bring an unwavering commitment to doing whatever it takes
- have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff
- know how to balance holding colleagues to account with supporting them and helping them to be brilliant teachers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly ambitious team of staff and make a real impact on our students’ lives. The successful candidate will have the chance to teach across the full age and ability range up to A level.
Welling School is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Welling School is committed to the protection and safety of its students and the successful candidate will be subject to DBS, Bared List and two reference checks as part of the Schools Safeguarding Procedures. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post in accordance with the Immigration Act 2016.
- Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
- Please take care to complete the application in full, as incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If you have not had any communication with in ten days of the closing date, you can take this a confirmation that you were not shortlisted, we thank you for your application.
Informal discussions and/or visits are actively encouraged. To arrange a visit or discuss the post, please contact Victoria Edwards, HR adviser on 020 8304 8531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role please download and complete the attached Application Form then send to: email@example.com