- SchoolHavant Academy
- SalaryUnqualified Teacher 1-6
- Start DateSeptember 2021
- Closing DateFriday 30th April 2021
We are delighted to introduce you to Havant Academy – a secondary school where we know every student as an individual and where the combination of excellent teaching, pastoral support and extensive facilities provide students with everything they need to reach their potential and become happy, successful adults. At Havant Academy, we pride ourselves on ensuring our students are engaged and involved in their own learning so they feel an ownership of their school. Students will achieve their potential in their examinations but, just as importantly, will develop life skills enabling them to be successful adults.
The basis of this role is a member of staff who will cover the teaching of a class when the normal classroom teacher is unavailable. Whilst covering a lesson you will be responsible for the students learning, safety and behaviour and must ensure that the lessons work is completed and students make the progress required. You will be required to cover a multitude of different subjects and teach children aged 11 – 16. In addition, during Covid, you may be required to be in a lesson supporting students whilst the teacher who is required to isolate live streams the lesson from their homes.
You may at points be given a small number of timetabled lessons for which you would be given all materials and extra support from subject specialists. When there is no cover needs you may also be used to support in classes or support other functions in the school such as break and lunch time duties, exam invigilation and more.
- Experience in a school environment.
- Good understanding of the secondary school curriculum.
- A good foundation knowledge of GCSE level English, Maths and Science
- Experience of safeguarding children.
- Experience as a cover supervisor/supply teacher.
- Experience of working in a secondary school environment in a disadvantaged area.
Working for TKAT:
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development, including the potential to develop your career at more than one TKAT academy;
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible;
- Our support for your wellbeing at work;
- The rewards of working to improve the life chances of our pupils.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
To apply for this role please download and complete the attached Application Form then send to: Jen.Coates@havant-tkat.org.Address