Additional Professional Development
At TKAT we understand that one size does not fit all and that high quality professional development should consider individualised context based learning. Our Learning and Development Network can support your CPD lead to develop a personalised professional development plan for the school that can be implemented, sustained and can genuinely enhance student learning outcomes.
In addition to our core offer, we can offer bespoke support in line with your Academy improvement priorities. All of our programmes can be tailored to meet your specific Academy needs, or we can support you to provide bespoke INSET or staff training sessions on a specific theme.
As a large trust we have access to a full range of expertise and can organise school visits to observe best practice in action.
To discuss how we can support your Academy professional development needs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"In an educational landscape where pressure is mounting... there has never been a more important time to invest in staff development. "
- (Teacher Development Trust)
TKAT Facilitation Skills
These practical and interactive workshops are designed to develop delegates’ skills in effective facilitation of professional learning.
There is an option for further training and support materials to deliver TKAT’s range of Pedagogy and Leadership programmes.
Participants will receive a toolkit of ideas to facilitate professional development at departmental or whole-school level.
The session content includes:
- What makes a great facilitator and enhanced understanding of how to effectively deliver CPD
- Identifying the difference between effective adult learning and lesson planning/delivery
- Take-away tools, techniques and competencies required for highly effective facilitation
Delegates can choose to specialise in either:
- The delivery of Teaching and Learning programmes
- The delivery of Leadership programmes
This programme is ideal for:
- Teachers and support staff
- Middle and Senior Leaders
- CPD leads and those delivering whole-school CPD
Duration and location:
This programme is usually delivered over 1 full-day session from your school or a regional location.
“An insightful session which increased my self-awareness as a leader and helped me reflect on the potential impact of my facilitation style on participants. Lots of practical activities and good resources to take away too.”Previous Participant