Our Trust is fully committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people in our schools. We expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment.
We aim to provide a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of the individual child, and strives to make sure that every pupil in the Trust feels secure, well cared for, and able to reach their full potential.
We understand and are committed to the vital contribution that all Trustees, staff, parents and pupils can make to safeguarding children.
Every member of staff has a collective recognition of the importance of providing an environment that helps children feel safe and respected, and a culture that encourages children and staff to talk openly and have the confidence they will be listened to.
We make sure that all schools and their staff are provided with regular safeguarding updates and CPD.
Safeguarding across the Trust is supported by two TKAT senior safeguarding leads. Our Trust ensures that all TKAT academies:
- have in place statutory safeguarding policies, procedures and arrangements which are designed to take account of all possible safeguarding issues
- adhere to safe recruitment practices for all staff appointments
- have arrangements for working together with other agencies and for sharing information with other professionals
- take account of their local authority’s procedures and practices established by the Local Safeguarding Children’s Partnership, and comply with any requests from them
- develop a culture of listening to children and take account of their wishes and feelings
- provide appropriate supervision and support for all staff, including undertaking safeguarding induction and training
- have robust procedures in place to handle any allegations
- consider how children may be taught about safeguarding, including online safety, as part of a broad and balanced curriculum
- monitor the quality of safeguarding practices and their impact on outcomes for all children in their school
- aspire to develop leading practice in safeguarding