National Professional Qualifications
National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) are a national, voluntary suite of qualifications designed to support the professional development of teachers and leaders.
New Reformed National Professional Qualifications
In partnership with Teacher Development Trust, TKAT offer the full suite of reformed NPQs.
We are now taking details for NPQs starting Autumn 2021. Please click here to register an interest or to apply for any of the NPQs
Please click on the titles below for more details.
- National Professional Qualification Leading Teaching
- National Professional Qualification Leading Teacher Development
- National Professional Qualification Leading Behaviour & Culture
- National Professional Qualification Senior Leadership
- National Professional Qualification Headship
- National Professional Qualification Executive Leaders Costs
|UK Price if not eligible for scholarship||Government scholarships - available for staff who meet suitability criteria|
|Leading Teacher Development - NPQLTD||£889||Fully funded for any staff working in state-funded schools in England*|
|Leading Teaching - NPQLT||£889||Fully funded for staff employed in one of the 30% of schools in England with the highest levels of pupils on Pupil Premium*|
|Leading Behaviour & Culture - NPQLBC||£889||Fully funded for staff employed in one of the 30% of schools in England with the highest levels of pupils on Pupil Premium*|
|Senior Leaders - NPQSL||£1,149||Fully funded for staff employed in one of the 30% of schools in England with the highest levels of pupils on Pupil Premium*|
|Headteachers - NPQH||£1,885||Fully funded for new headteachers who are in the first 24 months of headship in a state-funded school in England;
Fully funded for staff employed in one of the 30% of schools in England with the highest levels of pupils on Pupil Premium*
|Executive Leaders -NPQEL||£3,899|
* Full details and specific eligible roles and schools available from the Department for Education (England) website here.
A list of all DfE funding eligible TKAT schools can be found here
Additional NPQH support programme
In addition to the reformed suite of National Professional Qualifications, the DFE is introducing an additional support offer for new head teachers from September 2021. This is a targeted support package for teachers new to the role of headship.
You are eligible for this targeted support package if you meet all of the following:
- are in your first 2 years of headship
- have either completed the reformed NPQH before taking up your first headship post or are currently taking the reformed NPQH
- have not withdrawn from or failed the same programme previously
- are employed by an eligible school upon starting the training
To find out more about Teacher Development Trust please click here
To find out more about Teacher Development Trust National Professional Qualifications please click here