- SchoolHorizon Primary Academy
- SalaryL3 to L8 (Fringe)
- Start Date1st September 2019
- Closing DateFriday 31st May 2019
- Interviews5th June 2019
About the School
Horizon is a 'Good' school with outstanding ambitions. It is a values-based academy, which holds the values of aspiration, resilience, respect, honesty, pride and equality at the centre of everything it does. The school has a clear vision based on high expectations, building towards becoming an ‘exceptional learning community’.
As Deputy Headteacher, you will drive the school’s high expectations and aspirations, with a focus on enhancing the quality of teaching and learning, ensuring that all learning is of a good – outstanding standard and hold staff to account, particularly in cases of underperformance.
About the role
- You will carefully track the progress and performance of all children and skilfully plan provision to ensure all children make at least good progress.
- Promote the relentless focus on nurture and pastoral care, ensuring that all children are ready to learn, despite their barriers.
- Working with the headteacher, you will ensure the school has effective management and the required team capability to continually improve.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the school and you will deputise for and act as the Head of School as appropriate.
- As part of TKAT you will focus on developing self-esteem and wellbeing, as well as academic performance and development.
Who we are looking for
- We are looking to hear from experienced or rising Senior Leaders with experience of leading effective teams, particularly in driving educational standards, developing curriculum and improving the quality of teaching and learning, someone with a track record of outstanding teaching themselves.
- Someone who knows how to bring a creative and innovative approach to improving performance and support for our students and their families.
- An excellent communicator, you will act as an ambassador for TKAT and will have demonstrable experience of working in partnership with parents, local authorities and other stakeholders.
If you are a truly inspirational, highly motivated and forward-thinking leader, with the energy and passion to change lives coupled with proven experience of whole school development and improvement, this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
In return for your experience and commitment TKAT offers:
- Earned autonomy over the strategy and direction of their schools,
- Professional development opportunities enabling you to access high quality CPD and research
- The opportunity to explore and develop best practice in a new and exciting provision
- Opportunity to work and learn collaboratively with Cleeve Park and the wider Trust
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Visits to the school are encouraged; to make an appointment please contact Tracey Kitchen via the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download and complete an application form and return it by email to Tracey Kitchen via the email above.