- SchoolWeyfield Primary Academy
- SalarySurrey Grade 3 (£17,316 FTE - £18,242 FTE)
- Start DateSeptember 2019
- Closing DateWednesday 4th September 2019
- InterviewsTo Be Confirmed
Our children deserve the very best so the successful candidate will be able to:
- Implement planned learning activities to individuals, small groups and/or classes modifying and adapting activities as necessary under the direction and supervision of a teacher.
- Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment.
- Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate.
- Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems to the attention of the teacher.
- Assess the needs of pupils and use knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning.
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate.
Teaching Assistants at this level may be expected to undertake at least one of the following:
- Provide specialist support to pupils with learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties.
- Provide specialist support to pupils where English is not their first language.
- Provide specialist support to gifted and talented pupils.
- Provide specialist support to all pupils in a particular learning area (e.g. ICT, literacy, numeracy, National Curriculum subject).
We can offer:
- Happy, responsive children
- A wide range of professional development opportunities both within the school and the wider TKAT family and a caring, committed and inclusive ethos.
- A team of staff that is committed, friendly & supportive
- Outstanding training opportunities from TKAT as well as our local authority provider.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks.
TKAT is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Please send your completed application form by email to email@example.com or to the school office marked for the attention of Clare Jones.
- Download TKAT Application Form January 2019
- Download Weyfield Teaching Assistant Person Specification
- Download Weyfield Teaching Assistant Job Description