Learning Support Assistant
- SchoolStapleford Abbotts
- SalaryNJC 2019; Band 2 Mid; Point 5; FTE £18,795 + Fringe; Estimated at £14,281
- Start Date1st September 2020
- Closing DateMonday 1st June 2020
- InterviewsMonday 8th June 2020 (virtual interview depending on current restrictions)
Basis: Fixed term with a possibility of permanent there after
Weekly Hours: 32.5
Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South and East of England. Our pupils are at the heart of everything we do, and we strive to inspire learners and change lives through great teaching, leadership and learning for all.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is able to provide learning activities for classes under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher and who is able to assist in plan, prepare and deliver lessons and assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment.
We believe that all children thrive in an environment in which they are happy, challenged and secure: secure in the knowledge they are safe and cared for; challenged to achieve their best; and happy in the knowledge they are each appreciated for their individuality and their achievements. We are looking to recruit a qualified, highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our team.
As the Learning Support Assistant you will:
- Support the class teacher and a range of children including children with special educational and medical needs.
- Deliver learning activities/ interventions to individuals or small groups of children under the direction of the class teacher / SENDCO.
- Work in partnership with the class teacher, other Learning Support Assistants within the school and the Special Educational Needs Coordinator to support learning in line with the school curriculum, codes of practice and school policies and procedures.
For this role, you will:
- Be an energetic, creative and committed professional,
- Be an optimist with a can-do approach,
- Be a role model who sets high expectations and establishes productive working
- relationships with pupils and staff
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom,
- Deliver learning activities to pupils as directed by the class teacher / SENDCO,
- Take the initiative to adjust activities according to pupil responses/needs,
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual
- Committed to achieving high standards.
We will offer you:
- A comprehensive induction programme,
- A supportive and forward-thinking leadership team,
- Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work life balance,
- The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change,
- Trust resources and materials to help plan and deliver great lessons,
- School-to-school support from fellow TKAT schools,
- Through our strong Teaching School Alliance, high quality on-going professional development,
- Regular opportunities to meet and engage with fellow professionals from TKAT and beyond,
- Opportunities for career progression.
Working for TKAT:
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development,
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible,
- Our support for your wellbeing at work,
- Membership of a generous pension scheme,
- Free eye tests at Specsavers, and
- The option to join our employee discount scheme.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
We strongly encourage a visit, if possible or a call to talk to the Head Teacher prior to application. Visits/calls can be arranged by contacting Tracey Dean at office@sapa- tkat.org or by phone to 01708 687529
To apply for this vacancy please download a TKAT application form. Once complete please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy Learning Support Assistant Job Description
- Download Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy Learning Support Assistant Person Specification
- Download TKAT Application Form - Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy