- SchoolWeyfield Primary Academy
- SalarySurrey S5-6 dependent on experience - ££21,169 -£23,951 FTE
- Start DateTo Be Confirmed
- Closing DateTuesday 11th August 2020
- InterviewsTo be Confirmed
Job Title: Caretaker
Hours: 30 per week, Monday – Friday (hours to be confirmed)
Paygrade: Surrey S5-6 dependent on experience - ££21,169 -£23,951 FTE
Weeks per year: 52
The Caretaker is responsible for the general safety, security and overall appearance of the site, and manages all issues relating to health & safety e.g. implementing a program of risk assessments. The caretaker would be responsible for maintaining the buildings and grounds to a high standard, liaising with external contractors as required.
- Site Maintenance Duties
To carry out maintenance of the buildings and site to agreed standards and complying with Health and safety requirements.
- To use initiative to carry out effective repairs and improvements, or as directed
- To liaise with private contractors and external advisors as necessary, in order to fulfill the schools specific legal responsibilities
- To report to the Business Manager regarding resourcing needs in respect of maintenance, security and enhancement of premises to ensure that annual budgetary provision is made
- To liaise with the Business Manager as appropriate to maintain long and short term maintenance schedules and where appropriate decide which repairs require outside contractors
- To assist the Business Manager with project management, overseeing all major projects from initial development of requirements to conclusion and hand over of completed works, and assisting in developing a rolling program of major works to improve the site facilities in a structured and planned manner
- To provide general help around the site to assist staff/pupils/visitors
- To assist with Health and Safety compliance and audits, implementing recommendations as necessary.
- To carry out the weekly Fire alarm test.
- To ensure the regular maintenance and testing of equipment around the school and site (e.g. Legionella testing, asbestos monitoring, PAT testing)
- To respond to maintenance queries and jobs raised by staff using the Every Education system.
- Security Duties
To manage and as required, operate appropriate site security systems, including opening at the beginning of the school day and responding to call outs as necessary, in order to provide satisfactory arrangements.
- To ensure that the school site if safe and secure at all times but particularly when pupils and staff are present.
- To assist with the arrangement, removal or relocation of office and general school furniture and equipment as necessary paying due attention to manual handling safe practices and maintenance of safe access exit routes and walkways around the various halls, offices and classrooms
- To effectively manage arrangements for receiving and distributing deliveries of goods around the site
- Monitoring Duties
- To establish and monitor procedures to ensure that the school site is kept in a good state of repair and is clean and safe.
- To liaise with and monitor the work of contractors engaged by the school to ensure specified standards are achieved
- To monitor standards of cleaning provided by the schools cleaning staff or contract cleaning staff and raising these initially with the staff concerned or with the contractor as appropriate to achieve improved performance
To be committed to the safety and wellbeing of all Staff and Pupils.
To undertake training as required to assist in the role.
To be an enthusiastic, professional, helpful, conscientious and self-motivated member of the School Community.
To apply for this vacancy please download a TKAT Application Form. Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download TKAT APPLICATION FORM
- Download Equal Ops
- Download Privacy Notice
- Download PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Download JD