Learning Support Assistant
- SchoolHavant Academy
- SalaryHampshire Pay Scale, Grade C
- Start DateMonday 7th June 2021 (flexible depending on availability of successful candidate)
- Closing DateFriday 23rd April 2021
We are delighted to introduce you to Havant Academy – a secondary school where we know every student as an individual and where the combination of excellent teaching, pastoral support and extensive facilities provide students with everything they need to reach their potential and become happy, successful adults. At Havant Academy, we pride ourselves on ensuring our students are engaged and involved in their own learning so they feel an ownership of their school. Students will achieve their potential in their examinations but, just as importantly, will develop life skills enabling them to be successful adults.
We are very excited to be recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to join our SEN team. The main function of the role is to support students with special educational needs. This support will come in a variety forms such as in class, group interventions, one to one intervention, mentoring, exam access arrangements and encompass both academic and pastoral needs. This is an extremely rewarding position and we are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting children. This position is ideal for a graduate, someone considering a career in teaching or someone experienced in supporting children in an educational setting.
This position is term time only plus one week. 39 school weeks plus one additional week to be working in the summer holidays. Working hours are 7.50am – 3.50pm Monday – Thursday and 7.50am – 3.20pm Friday. The pay scale is Hampshire scale C, starting salary amount is approx. £16,165.00 (that figure is pro rata – FTE salary is £18,426.00).
- Good understanding of how to support a range of special educational needs.
- Good knowledge and understanding of literacy & numeracy up to KS4.
- Understanding of the importance of equal access to education.
- General administration and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Understanding of safeguarding children.
- Previously/currently employed in teaching assistant role.
- Experience with behaviour management
- Experience in a school environment
- Degree level education
Working for TKAT:
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development,
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible,
- Our support for your wellbeing at work,
- Membership of a generous pension scheme,
- Free eye tests at Specsavers, and
- The option to join our employee discount scheme.
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part time or on a flexible basis.
To apply for this role please download and complete the attached Application Form then send to: Jen.Coates@havant-tkat.org.Address