Upcoming Events and BookingsBack to Upcoming Events and Bookings List
ECT Conference 2 - 13/01/2022
Teachers following ECT Induction Programme
Overview of workshop:
Participants should understand what responsive teaching is in this session and work through the principles of responsive teaching, including some suggested tools to support pupils learning and adapt teaching where necessary. There are many opportunities for tasks and discussions to bring each principle into action. It is advised that participants bring an upcoming lesson or unit plan in order to support them in completing the tasks in the session
- Understand the definition of responsive teaching.
- Understand that responsive teaching is not strategies for assessment for learning.
- Make links between responsive teaching and their current classroom practice.
- Understand that behaviour is a pre-requisite for learning.
- Understand and promote the use of metacognition and self-regulation as a tool to support all pupils.
- Engage in tasks and discussions that aim to further develop their understanding of being a responsive teacher.
- Consider how they may implement responsive teaching in their classroom and teaching practice.
Important Information Below Please Read:
This conference is being repeated on 3 separate days, please only book to attend one event.
Due to Covid restrictions, our caterers are currently not supplying lunches, therefore please bring your own lunch with you to the event. Refreshments of Tea, Coffee, Water etc will be provided.
Car-parking is available for visitors to the Atkins Centre and Centre Staff alike at the front of the school, please enter by the gates from Sevenoaks Way (opposite Cornwall Drive). Please do not park in unmarked spaces, or in marked visitors’ spaces (unless previously booked). Parking is provided on a first come, first served, basis. If there are no spaces available there is alternative parking for Atkins Centre visitors on the roads surrounding the College. Please use the pedestrian access at the front of the College on Sevenoaks Way, if necessary.
Visitors to the Atkins Centre are advised that under no circumstances are they to seek to park/gain access via the rear of the College, in order to ensure the College maintains its safeguarding responsibilities.
Almost all the COVID restrictions have now been lifted at the Atkins Centre as there is no longer a requirement for social distancing or wearing a face covering in an indoor setting. We will however continue to ensure that all rooms are well ventilated, ensure there is more regular cleaning and encourage regular hand washing / use of hand sanitiser.
If for any reason you have not taken up the Covid-19 vaccination, or remain clinically vulnerable, we would advise the following:
• TKAT employees who have disclosed non vaccination status should make us aware of any additional control measures that they need in place in order to stay safe.
• Other visitors should disclose any additional needs related to Covid-19.
If you experience any of the main COVID symptoms, you must not attend the Atkins Centre and arrange for a COVID PCR test. You should then follow Test and Trace/Government guidance.
Just a reminder that all attendees are expected to be dressed in a professional and business-like manner unless otherwise stated in the event details.