Upcoming Events and BookingsBack to Upcoming Events and Bookings List
Designated Safeguarding Leads- Introductory training for those new to the role.
Designated Safeguarding Leads
Overview of workshop:
Training for staff who are new to the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Objects of workshop:
- Identify and consider the duties and responsibilities of a DSL including training, policy development, auditing, recording, referrals and inter-agency working
- Understand the variety and complexity of safeguarding risks and how to respond to them
- Learn from Safeguarding Practice reviews and case studies
- Understand the safeguarding considerations for the workforce eg. recruitment, induction, training and managing allegations against staff
- Understand the frameworks and legislation which apply to safeguarding children and the associated duties and responsibilities for schools
- A copy of the current KCSiE may be helpful to refer to.