Upcoming Events and BookingsBack to Upcoming Events and Bookings List
Adult Mental Health First Aid
Please note this is over 4 days. The times remain the same each day (09:00 - 12:00)
You must attend all 4 sessions to complete the training
- 25th April 2023
- 26th April 2023
- 2nd May 2023
- 3rd May 2023
Headteachers, Business Managers, Staff Wellbeing leads, Line Managers, TKAT Corporate managers, HR
Overview of workshop:
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
MHFA England training won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. You will learn skills to support adults with their emotional wellbeing in your workplace, including taking care of your own mental health.
Every MHFA England course is delivered by a quality assured Instructor Member who has attended our Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Objectives of workshop:
Online learning takes place through a mix of individual learning carried out before each on-line live session. Individual learning is a mix of reading through selected pages of the course manual, videos and short questions.
The online live sessions are interactive and delivered through slides, video clips, activities, discussions and case studies. There are 4 x 3 hour live on-line sessions giving you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support