Upcoming Events and BookingsBack to Upcoming Events and Bookings List
People & HR Training - Conducting a Management Investigation
Our HR non-educational training workshops are designed for any people managers, irrespective of their role-type (teaching or non-teaching) in order to equip them with essential HR knowledge and skills to enable them to effectively manage a range of HR issues. Our workshops are aimed to support a model of effectiveness whereby:
- Leadership sets high expectations of all staff in terms of performance, conduct and attendance.
- There is effective delegation whereby managers at all levels are responsible for securing these expectations.
This workshop will equip leaders with skills and best practice guidance on the role and expectations of an investigator, interviewing and questioning techniques, writing an investigation report and much more.
This workshop is aimed at leaders appointed to investigate an allegation made under a formal process (e.g. disciplinary, grievance or other complaint process). Live or previous examples of experience in conducting investigations would be useful.
At the end of this workshop participants will understand:
- How to conduct an effective management investigation in accordance with procedures and employment law
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a Management Investigating Officer
- Opportunity to share best practice and talk through possible scenarios at work
- How to complete an investigation report through to the conclusion stage and confidently report back investigation findings.
The following are examples of feedback received from delegates who have attended this course:
“I really enjoyed the session on Tuesday. I have been involved with cases, headteacher, staff and pupil that have been escalated to governance level in previous roles and the attention to detail with the original paperwork was without doubt the biggest issue in most cases, so it was great to see the quality of training provided by TKAT to ensure we don't put ourselves in that position”.
“Just wanted to say thank you for an engaging and informative training session yesterday. It was an enjoyable learning day and very informative”.
“I Just wanted to email to let you know how much I enjoyed the training yesterday. I found it very informative and thought the day was a good mixture of information and practical. It was great to network and have a chance to hear other people's thought processes when thinking about investigations. I have come away from it with a lot more confidence and a new mindset, especially around reinforcing that their purpose is to fact find only and not find out if someone is guilty or not”.
The People and HR Team would also be happy to deliver in-house sessions for individual teams or for a cluster of TKAT schools, and if you cannot find what you are looking for, we can also provide tailored sessions on HR topics of your choice.